This section covers the essentials of marketing
research. Since marketing is about satisfying consumers' wants
and needs, marketing practitioners have developed means of 'listening'
to consumers. From providing basic definitions of marketing research
and research methods to describing the marketing research process,
this section will help you understand why marketing research is
central to marketing practice.
At the end of this section you should be able to:
1. define marketing research;
2. discuss the role of marketing research in decision-making;
3. describe the different stages of the marketing research process;
4. assess the role of marketing in the planning, implementation
and evaluation of marketing activities;
5. evaluate the limitations of marketing research.