This section provides an overview of the external and internal
forces influencing consumers' behaviour. Furthermore, the processes
underpinning consumers' information searches and purchase decisions
will be explained. You should try to see how these explanations
describe your own behaviour as a consumer and consider whether
or not consumer behaviour theory can provide an accurate description
At the end of this section you should be able to:
1. define consumer behaviour;
2. understand the external forces influencing consumers' behaviour;
3. understand the internal forces influencing consumers' behaviour;
4. assess consumer information processing;
5. evaluate the different stages of consumer decision-making.
6. consider the limitations of consumer behaviour theories.